Why I Love Kenya
Kenya Tourism Board
- Strengthen awareness and demand for Kenya within Australia
- Deliver inspiring content via trusted digital influencers and bloggers
- Engage and educate Kenya’s target audience of 40+ high end travellers about the Kenya travel experience
- Drive enquiries to wholesale partners that can convert interest into bookings
GTI engaged five digital influencers to experience Kenya first-hand and produce new and compelling content (images, video and editorial) to share with their online audiences. Each of the five influencers were paired with an African wholesaler and allocated one of KTB’s key themes, which would be the focus of their itinerary and content.
These themes included:
They were briefed to upload their content using the #WhyILoveKenya hashtag and @MagicalKenya handle.
In phase two, a dedicated microsite was created including the influencers’ content, information on Kenya, wholesaler package deals and a competition for Australians to win the trip of a lifetime to Kenya. Traffic was driven to the microsite through a digital media spend, eDMs and promotion from campaign partners Canon and Qatar Airways. Re-targeted advertising was also conducted during the campaign that drove consumers directly to the wholesaler’s website to convert interest into bookings.
- 366,229 page views of the campaign microsite with users viewing around 5.7 pages per session
- 63,979 website visits to the campaign microsite
- An extremely low bounce rate for the campaign website at around 34.9%
- 144 influencer posts on social media
- 17,828 opt-in data entrants
- 676 click throughs to wholesaler websites
Australian visitor numbers to Kenya from January – July 2016 increased by 20.5% against 2015 figures highlighting an increased brand awareness and desirability for the destination. Bookings are expected to continue to grow throughout the remainder of 2016.