The Brief and our Approach
The brief was to drive consideration and visitation to Seattle. A brand study revealed that awareness of Seattle amongst millennials was very low.
We therefore partnered with VICE, a leading publication read by Aussie Millenials, to create a documentary paying homage to Seattle’s music heritage.
The documentary starred Aussie musician Mossy from the band These New South Whales who interviewed the city’s best music talent and was shot in iconic locations, the documentary showcased the best spots in the city.
To promote the video we coordinated a series of native articles, Facebook posts and co-branded media across the VICE network drove views.
Additionally we partnered with Expedia to convert consumer interest into sales by retargeting people with tactical ads that had seen the video series or read the articles about Seattle.
- Documentary has been viewed over 400,000 times (and growing)
- 2 million impressions were delivered on VICE.com promoting Seattle and the video series
- The videos reached over 100k Aussies on VICE and Visit Seattle’s social channels
- Sponsored (paid) articles about the music scene in Seattle reached 75,000 people
- Over 90% of the content views came from people aged 18 to 34, the bullseye age demographic for Millenials
- The Expedia partnership generated $85,000 of bookings from a $25,000 investment