Travel Agent Training
Australian Travel Agents
The Brief and our Approach
The brief was to leverage COVID-19 downtime to educate agents about New York and what’s on offer outside of New York City. Our main challenge is most Australians don’t venture outside of New York City, because there’s little knowledge of the experiences available across the wider State.
Our approach saw the launch of a four part agent training webinar series:
- Each webinar focussed on different aspects and areas of the state including the Niagara Falls, the Hamptons and how to experience fall colours in Upstate NY
- GTI promoted the webinars via newsletter marketing and gained editorial coverage in the travel trade media ahead of the webinars
- As a follow up we sent participants additional information, including itineraries and links to different tours to help agents sell the destinations.
To encourage particpation we also ran an incentive where, if agents joined all four webinars, they’d be in the running to win an ILNY hamper including a Buffalo Wings cooking kit.
- 211 travel agents signed-up to join the webinars
- Strong engagement was seen during each webinar, with agents asking an average of 12 questions per webinar
- Survey revealed 89% of agents were ‘very satisfied’ with the series as an educational resource (the remaining 11% were ‘satisfied’)
- 6 very happy agents won Buffalo Wings cooking kits